11-14-2018 SRU News Update – Practices Cancelled Today Per Air Quality From Butte County Fire

Breaking News Santa Rosa United Soccer

Last night at the monthly meeting, the SRU Board decided that we would follow the unified school district protocol on outdoor activity when the air quality is poor.

If the API number exceeds 150 there is to be no outdoor training.  If the API number is between 100-150 then outdoor training can take place, but parents do have the option of keeping their children at home, and if training is to continue coaches are to mandate more breaks and stoppage during the training sessions for players to access water and/or rest.

If the number falls below 100 then no restrictions and continue on with normal training.

This website is the one the Sonoma County Schools uses:


To give parents enough time the board has decided to make the final daily call at 12 pm and no later than 1 pm a club-wide message will go out.

Today, Wednesday, November 14 – API is 159 in SR and there will be no outdoor training. We will monitor closely and hope for good news tomorrow.

Everyone wants to continue to train, but the safety and health of the players will remain number one.  If training is canceled, we encourage players to get physical activity of some sort indoors at home or at a gym when possible.

We hope that as the fires get more contained that the API numbers will drop and we can get back to normal Soccer schedule.

Thank you for your understanding and support in this matter.

Kindest Regards,

SRU Technical Staff