Grassroots Junior DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY
Join the SRU coaching staff for six weeks of expert coaching for your first experience of SRU
THIS IS FOR RECREATIONAL PLAYERS, UNATTACHED PLAYERS NOT CURRENTLY ON A TEAM OR BEGINNERS NOT CURRENTLY ON A NORCAL COMPETITIVE TEAM
Competitive players currently registered in other NorCal clubs are not permitted to attend.
DETAILS & COST:
Grassroots Aim : Our aim is to ensure that the first soccer experience of every player is a positive one. With a enthusiastic and age appropriate teaching model, we will strive to help foster a love for the ball and the game in every child with the hope they will develop a life long love for the game.
SRU Values support a Long Term Development Model & Style of Play in Youth Development which :
Create a positive learning environment for our players to reach their maximum potential in the game of soccer and to help them become healthy, upstanding citizens and family members through honesty, discipline, courage, teamwork, tireless work ethic and humility.
• The collective above the individual �
• Expression of talent through creativity �
• Passion �
• Intrinsic motivation �
• Good attitude �
Our grassroots program is designed with four key elements considered in the program design.
1) The grassroots program is a safe, fun and game based soccer environment. We guarantee they will be active and moving for the duration of each practice. Our aim is to drive a lifelong passion for the game of soccer in your child.
2) Our grassroots program aims to deliver a physical literacy which is transferable to any sport and has a heavy focus on the ABCs of movement (Agility balance and coordination).
3) Our grassroots program is focused on each individual child we aim to develop their soccer skills of and also to help develop their self confidence in what can be a daunting environment for some at this age. We cater for all learning styles and our coaches will patiently work with each child as they develop at their own pace.
4) Our grassroots program will encourage your kids to practice at home learning to the love the game. Sorry Mom and Dad this might mean you have to brush up on those goalkeeping skills 🙂
Game formats are small sided 1 V 0, 1 V 1 and up to 4 V 4 maximising the touches each child will achieve per practice.
Come check us out in 2019.
Cost is $90 for six weeks of two practices per week which includes a SRU practice shirt for first time attendees.
WHAT TO BRING:
Soccer Attire, Cleats, Shin Guards, Water Bottle
At Santa Rosa United Soccer Academy, we believe in providing elite level soccer camps & clinics taught by high level, licensed soccer coaches. Our camps & clinics regularly feature some of the top youth coaches internationally, nationally & regionally. We aim to inspire & teach motivated players on how to develop a plan and take responsibility for their own development. This winter development academy is designed to prepare younger players for Spring Tryouts and get extra training to enhance development
Email Us – email@example.com
Santa Rosa United Grassroots Director – Kevin Kilroy
(Please note we try to respond within 1-2 business days)
Various Dates in 2019 Days, times and location may vary by session
Session 1 : Starts March 5th
Session 2 : Starts April 23rd
Session 3 : Starts June 18th
Session 4 : Starts August 13th
Session 5 : Starts October 7th